Currently, Brain Tumor Network is hiring for the following positions:
Neuro-Oncology Nurse Navigator, Full Time
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (Hybrid Schedule – Office and Remote)
Brain Tumor Network is committed to providing personalized navigational services to patients within the United States who have been diagnosed with a primary brain tumor. Navigation services are provided by credentialed nurses and social workers – all without cost to patients, caregivers, or medical professionals – so that patients can make better-informed decisions about their treatment options. For additional information please visit: www.braintumornetwork.org.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Navigation, the Neuro-Oncology Nurse Navigator will work in a full-time capacity. General office hours are Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Responsibilities: Execution of patient navigation model consistent with Brain Tumor Network mission.
- Facilitate patient intake by phone, email or online through the Brain Tumor Network website
- Provide high-touch and high-quality personalized patient navigation
- Work closely with patients and families throughout the full continuum of care/survivorship
- Establish and maintain key relationships with colleagues in the neuro-oncology community
- Facilitate second opinion consultations
- Conduct personalized clinical trial searches
- Obtain proper consent for release of information
- Ensure that records are created and maintained in manner consistent with best practices
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
- Attend one in-person staff meeting monthly at the Ponte Vedra Beach, FL office location; travel expenses covered by employer – if remote employee
- Must provide own reliable high-speed internet connection and cellular telephone access. Laptop and other work-related equipment required for position will be supplied by Brain Tumor Network
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree (RN/BSN preferred)
- Clinical background in oncology, neuro-oncology preferred; clinical navigation or clinical trial experience strongly preferred
- Highly organized, with excellent communications skills and ability to establish relationships with neuro-oncology community
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in oncology nursing is required
Salary: Commensurate with candidate’s skills and experience
Interested candidates should apply on Indeed
Brain Tumor Network does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non- merit factor.