Currently, Brain Tumor Network is hiring for the following positions:
Oncology Social Work Navigator, Full Time
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL with potential to work remotely
Brain Tumor Network is committed to providing personalized navigational services to patients within the United States who have been diagnosed with a primary brain tumor. Navigation services are provided by credentialed nurses and social workers – all without cost to patients, caregivers, or medical professionals – so that patients can make better-informed decisions about their treatment options. For additional information please visit: www.braintumornetwork.org.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Navigation, the Oncology Social Work Navigator will work in a full-time capacity. General office hours are Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Responsibilities: Facilitation of patient navigation model consistent with the BTN Mission in collaboration with Nurse Navigation
- Identify appropriate and credible resources responsive to patient needs (practical, social, physical, emotional and spiritual) taking into consideration reading level, health literacy, culture, language and amount of information desired
- Collaborate with Nurse Navigators regarding comprehensive patient navigation
- Work closely with patients and families throughout the full continuum of survivorship
- Coordinate responsibilities with other patient services staff as needed
- Establish and maintain key relationships with colleagues in the neuro-oncology community
- Coordinate with 3rd party service providers as needed providing seamless interface for patients
- Provide support to patients and caregivers in the local community through participation in the Brain Tumor Support Group of Northeast Florida
- Ensure that records are created and maintained in manner consistent with best practices
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director and Manager of Patient Navigation
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum requirement: Master’s degree in Social Work
- Clinical background in oncology social work
- Extensive knowledge in healthcare payment structure, financial assistance, insurance coverage and access to care along the continuum of Brain Tumor Survivorship
- Highly organized, with excellent communications skills and ability to establish relationships with neuro-oncology community
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Social Work is required
Salary: Commensurate with candidate’s skills and experience
Interested candidates should apply on Indeed.